Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Photo Design Ideas

I've started writing the opinion piece I decided to include in my magazine. Since I go to a Florida public school, all of my English classes have only taught me how to write essays for standardized tests so I researched how to write an opinion piece. I found a small document and an article outlining the steps to writing an opinion piece. I also got really good information regarding photography in an article that talked about how to use photography for social commentaries.

For my images, I've planned out and sketched some of my ideas for when I shoot this weekend. I really like the simplistic design that is seen in the Justified magazine and I would like to incorporate it in my images. I feel that using clean lines will help tie the story and images into the overall theme of my magazine. In addition to the images I'm planning on shooting, I am going to look for old images I have that represent the idea of showing real emotion and showing the true story through photography.

"70 Most Beautiful Print Magazine Covers." DESIGN Dose. N.p., 23 July 2015. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.


Farrell, Aimee. "England's Most Eccentric Dresser Shows His 3,000-Piece Wardrobe in a New Exhibit." Vogue. Vogue, 31 Jan. 2017. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.

"How to Write Magazine Articles and Essays." Write Nonfiction NOW! N.p., 11 Nov. 2008. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.

"How to Write a Paper." (2012): n. pag. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"How to Write a Strong Opinion Piece." WTD. N.p., 18 Dec. 2016. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.


"Photography Education." ImageMaven.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.


"The Instagram Effect: Hiding Behind Social Media." I AM THAT GIRL. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment